2018 Election Statement

For the past four years, I have served on the Board of Directors of the San Benito County Water District (SBCWD). During this time, I have voted against every urban water rate increase.  The other four Board members have voted for every urban water rate increase. If reelected to the Board of SBCWD, I will continue to protect urban water users from rate increases.

Agribusiness uses 80 percent of San Benito County water. The SBCWD Board is dominated by members from agribusiness. If you live in Hollister or Sunnyslope SBCWD charges you three times as much for water as they charge agribusiness. Why should you subsidize agribusiness?

SBCWD gets almost 8 million dollars in property tax. This shows up on your tax bill as SB WATER – SAN FELIPE. Agribusiness pays 10 percent of this tax. You pay the other 90 percent.

If you care about your water bill, please register and please vote for me. I retired after 45 years as an electrical engineer. My MSEE is from Illinois Institute of Technology. I have owned my home in San Benito County since 1984. I have no ties to agribusiness. I appreciate your vote. For more information, google “sbcwaterinfo”.

Robert Gilchrist Huenemann